Senior Infrastructure/Application Support Engineer
This role involves supporting the infrastructure for multiple products for multiple clients in a Private cloud environment. Role is also responsible for defining Devops practices within the organization and will play a crucial role in setting up the processes to streamline the deployment and support model for the engineering team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (in English)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, organizational, and issue resolution.
- Ability to organize, self-manage, follow-through and coordinate for prioritization
- Good problem-solving skills and demonstrating a keen interest in, and affinity to technology
- Understanding of modern web technologies and relationships between them
- o CentOS Linux, Tomcat, MySQL, Java, Postgres, Bash scripting
- Strong knowledge of the Linux command line.
- Experience troubleshooting web application and performance issues.
- Ability to analyze/extrapolate issues via logs and other sources of information to provide infrastructure and application teams a good starting point for in depth reviews.
- Experienced with documentation of support issues as well as creation of knowledge base articles for both internal and external usage.
- Familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, Git, and similar tools.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all Enterprise Infrastructure server knowledge and support
- Performs as an Infrastructure technical lead on projects
- Responsible for excellent day-to-day onsite IT infrastructure support
- Troubleshoot problems and outages
- Assist with setting up all the required infrastructure/network connectivity as part of the new client implementation projects
- Prepare and maintain documentation of infrastructure and server standards, configurations, and procedures
- Participates in an on-call rotation to support immediate response to critical system issues
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data to evaluate solutions and inform business decisions and recommendations
- Ability to mentor and train less experienced members of the support team.
- Customer facing role, must be personable and willing to discuss cases over telephone directly with clients.
- Available for on-call rotation, work off hours, holiday and weekend hours as required.
- Relational database skills: Comfortable working directly with databases using SQL (preferred)
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and actual events
- Adhere to Security and Compliance processes and guidelines to ensure a secure infrastructure
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in an enterprise software or cloud support environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good understanding of Docker, AWS, high availability (preferred)
- Understanding of application security as it pertains to the healthcare industry (like HIPAA and HITRUST) (preferred)
- Understanding of SSO tools (like OKTA) setup and integration with products (preferred)
- Healthcare industry knowledge (preferred)
- Must pass a background check